Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I almost died...

Well, relatively speaking of course. SO, you all know that this spring I was a crazy lady and started running. I LOVED it. THEN, the Texas weather kicked in about Juneish and this white girl WAS not going to get her honkin' rear end up at 5:30 AM to run with her running group when it was nice and cool outside. So what happened???? Yea, I quit. Very sad, I know. What is even sadder (is that even a word?) anyhew, is the fact that I stopped running, but never adjusted my food intake to reflect that, so now I've gained at least 5 pounds. (well, maybe not 5, but I can definitely tell the difference.) So, after a LONG day at work yesterday I decided that I was going to suck it up and get back to my normal running routine, despite the heat. So I put Baylee down at about 8:30 last night and was out the door with Ipod in hand by 8:45. At about 8:52 I was thinking to myself... this isn't so bad.. I just need to push thru the side cramps... it will get better. 8:55... MAN, now both sides are hurting... I might need to slow down and not over-do it. 8:57... I pass the football field where they are having 2-a-days, oh man, I'm gunna have to pick up the speed, can't have the whole town knowing that I'm sucking wind here... 8:59 pass the football field find a dark ditch on the side of the road and stop, bend over and hurl. 9:01, I pull myself back together and REFUSE to walk home.... I kept telling myself... YOU ARE STRONG, two months ago you were running 6 miles at a time, no problem. Your body carried a baby, and gave birth to that baby... naturally... no freaking drugs! YOU CAN DO THIS! So, I'm still not sure how, but I got home... and I didn't walk... AT ALL. SO, the point I'm trying to make is... NEVER STOP RUNNING... EVER. It SUCKS! If I ever write a blog and say that I'm contemplating stopping, PLEASE remind me of this blog! Please remind me that I almost died and that I don't want to go down that road again. Thanks!



Oh, and while we are on the subject was not quitting and hanging in there. Remind me NEVER to cut my hair again. I found this picture a couple of weeks ago, and I'd REALLY like to get my hair this long again. What do you think?


I'm not a quitter, I'm not a quitter, I'm not a quitter, I'm not a quitter,

4 comments:

Kathy said...

You go girl!!! I'm LOL'ing at the picking it up by the football field because the same thing happens to me....I get going on my route and forget that football practice is going on. Hate when that happens. I quit during my run this morning because I twisted my ankle...I'm SO mad.

chelsea rose said...

The first two weeks of running after a long break are the WORST misery ever. This may be surprising to hear, but I HATE running. I only like the competitive side of running and having something to train for. The idea of running everyday for my health makes me want to puke, so I've taken to riding my bike. Keep up the good work, you're a trooper!

Alicia said...

You go girl! I know you can do it...just keep up the hard work!

Amanda said...

You are my hero. I ran about 20 yards early Sunday morning while we were out walking and just about died. It's going to take me a loooong time to get back into shape!