Thursday, September 3, 2009

Catch of the Day

We ventured down to the beach this afternoon. It was a little different than your normal beach. It was COLD! Literally, the water was freezing. We had a little excitement... it was Baylee's first trip to the beach. She kept telling Pawpaw... "this is fun, this is fun!" She was running in the water and fell. I didn't have the camera out of the bag at this point so I missed a really good photo opp... her face was classic. Too cute.

Byron has decided he is going to try out for Survivor. He is pretty sure he can win. Within 15 minutes of being on a deserted stretch of beach in the middle of the Pacific Ocean , with his bare hands, years of outdoor expertise, and a little redneck ingenuity, he caught a "Giant Poison Man-Eating Island Kelpfish." Little bit of a run-on sentence, but it is the only way to describe the full experience that went on.


(see below if you don't believe)







Really, the sheer skill of how he caught it was truely AMAZING. Yes, the fish is alive in this picture, and it was shortly returned to the wayward sea.

Seriously, we didn't make this up.

True Story,

The Texafornians

6 comments:

chelsea rose said...

So fun! And yes, northern Cali beaches are cold especially this time of year. We went to San Francisco last August and I didn't pack appropriately:) Who would think that July and August are the coldest months of the year?

Have fun in California!

The Throne Family said...

I had a similar experience as Chelsea. I had to buy a sweater while in San Francisco, in June!!! Of course, ask anyone I travel with I never pack appropriately!

Hope yall are having a great time!

Andrea said...

Sweet fish! I can imagine little Baleigh falling into the water. Tell Uncle Mike and Rhonda I said Hi!

The Gray Family said...

Dede... you are the only one who has commented on Byron's fish! He is so excited! I really with I could have gotten a picture of Baylee's face when she fell! It was classic. LOVE YOU!

Alicia said...

That has got to be a record for catching the BIGGEST fish on such a cool day! Sure do wish you could have caught the picture of Baylee falling in the water...I am sure that was too cute!

Anonymous said...

We know you must be recovering from vacation but the Smith's are anxious for our Gray update.

XOXO from Wimberley!