Tuesday, September 1, 2009

We have arrived....

Okay, I've been waiting for AWHILE to be able to write this blog... However, I couldn't because this trip was to be a complete suprise. My father turned the big 5-0 on Monday, August 31st. With the help of my step-mom, Rhonda, we planned a HUGE birthday suprise. We all flew out of DFW Monday headed West. Just about as far west as we could literally go. Arroyo Grande, California is where we are now. All settled in the WONDERFUL 70 degree (yes folks, that would be the high for the day) temp's. Rhonda blind folded dad and drove him around for 45 minutes trying to get him all turned around so he wouldn't know he was at the airport. I thought he would cry when he knew we were there and that we were his big suprise. He didn't, but Ron did. Dad did call in sick to work on Monday! HA! Here are a few pics.... Trust me... there will be more to come! We will be here until Sunday, September 6th!

Dad, talking on the phone while blind folded. He was talking to his boss, telling him that his Wife had a suprise for him and that he was going to be late getting to work.... About 10 minutes after that, he called his boss back and said wasn't going to make it into work AT ALL! HA!


The view from Dad & Rhonda's back yard.

Pawpaw & Baylee.
Sincerely,

The Texafornians
(well, for now anyway!)

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Aww! How awesome of you guys to surprise him like this! I'm sure he is having so much fun with you there!

Andrea said...

How exciting that y'all got to go out there! Have fun!!

Alicia said...

I LOVE IT!!! SO SO SO MUCH FUN!!! I love your dad and he has always been a favorite of mine!!!

Brandi Burden said...

WOW!! Yall did good to pull off a surprise that big! I bet that was oneof the best birthday presents ever!! Hope yall are havin fun!!