Friday, July 9, 2010

37 Weeks

I have to admit... it doesn't seem possible that I'm already 37 weeks along. This pregnancy has FLOWN by and I find myself now, tyring to treasure every second I have left. Not that I want to stay preggers any longer than I have to, but I know I will miss being able to have Miss Saydee this close to me ALL THE TIME and not have to share her with anyone! Selfish, I know, but I can't help it! Something else I keep savoring every second of is my time with Baylee. I guess you could say it is the hormones, or just a classic case of mommy guilt... but I just can't wrap my head around the fact that I'm going to have to split my time in the VERY near future. I know that once Saydee is here everything will work out according to God's marvelous master plan and everything will just seem to "fit." But I just wonder if I'll have those same kind of moments with Baylee that I do now. Take this morning for instance. I woke up early, or maybe I never really slept at all thanks to a record breaking bout of heart burn... but I went into Baylee's room and just watched her sleep for the longest time.. then i couldn't help myself so I crawled into bed with her and just held her. A little while later she started to smile, but never really opened her eyes. I knew she was awake but was letting me get my Baylee "fix" with out interrupting me. I just LOVE that kid! I hope we always share the bond we have now, I just hope it gets stronger and stronger!

Somethings I've been SO thankful for the last few days:

-The RAIN! Not only because we need it, but also because it keeps the temps down in the 80's! That means Momma doesn't swell nearly as bad and that is a good thing!

-My wonderful family who has been looking after me and not judging me for all of my "nesting." Well, everyone except my hubby... he just freaks out because he know that means more work for him if I'm in one of my high energy moods!

-My Doctor. She is WONDERFUL! I'm so thankful she understands and is concerned about the distance I live from the Hospital and takes PRO-active steps to ensure the safety of me and my baby. I don't feel like a number when I walk into her office.

-did I mention the rain? and the 80% temps???


Baby Bump at 37 Weeks
Savoring every second I have left,

No comments: