Friday, July 9, 2010

Plum delicious...

Or so we thought.... This little "accident" actually occurred about a month or so ago and I've just been so far behind on my posting that I'm just now getting to it.

Tamra and I have been having a BLAST with all of our Susie Homemaker skills. So much so, that we thought we were "big" enough to multi task on day. That multi tasking involved boiling down the plumbs for jelly and also sewing in the other room at the same time.

Normally we are pretty good with having 500 things going at one time, but not this day.... no, Sir... not this day.


We had set the timer for the plums and ran back to the sewing room to get our projects all laid out.... well, time got away from us and the next thing we knew we were cleaning up a HUGE mess. It seems we had turned the burners up on the stove a little too much and this is what we found:




We looked like little kids trying to get our mess cleaned up before the Husbands got home! One thing that was the funniest thing about the whole mess was Tamra saying: I just don't know how that happened... there must be a hole in that pan or something!
I still laugh every time I think about it!

Finally getting to make some jelly out of what was left...


I know Grandma Deanie will LOVE this post!

No comments: