Friday, February 12, 2010

Day #5.......

Well folks.... the horrible has happened. I got the FLU!!!!!! Yuck.

Monday I woke up and felt like I had been run over by a car.... but I went to work anyway. By 11 am, I felt even worse so I came home. That afternoon the body ache hit with the fever. I cried and cried. Byron thought I was being overly dramatic, but I had NEVER felt like that before.

The Doc swabbed my nose and about 5 minutes later he said: "Oh, Ashley.... you have the FLU!" It is type A, this is the type that is sometimes considered Swine Flu... but here is no way to tell at this point.

Wednesday I felt like I had been hit by a Mac Truck.... Because I couldn't just get the Flu by its self... I had to get a sinus infection on top of that. My head was so congested, I thought several times about putting it in a vice and squeezing just to see what happened.

Yesterday was better, back to feeling like I had been run over by a car. Today is even better, the sinus pressure is fading and I'm feeling more human. I even managed to get a fire started this morning. (by the way... it is still going, I must be part Indian or something! go me!)

My husband has been at the San Antonio Stock show so I've been what I like to call a Stock Show Widow. THANK YOU to my WONDERFUL in-laws.... they have taken care of Baylee all week. Also, THANK YOU especially to Pop for dropping my "rations" on the back porch. Last night he brought me potato soup and my FAVORITE pound cake that Gigi had made..... I opened the back door and he just slid everything in and said.... you know I love you, right? HA! You would think I had the plague or something!

Starting to feel a little more "human like,"
Ashley

4 comments:

Davy, Anne,and Aubrey said...

Love You Girl!!!! I hope you get to feeling better soon. Take care of you and that little one.

Amanda said...

:( I'm so sorry! I wish we lived closer so I could help. Take care, and I hope you feel better soon!

Courtney said...

Poor thing! I've been feeling sorry for myself with allergies...but now I have some perspective! Hope you're back to yourself real soon!

Brandi Burden said...

My goodness girl! I hope you are feeling better!!