Tuesday, June 23, 2009

God is Good

I just wanted to take a few minutes to share with everyone a few things I have been feeling here lately... mostly in regard to my precious daughter. Sometimes I am just so overwhelmed with Gods love when I look at her it literally makes me cry. I just keep thinking to myself, what have I done in my life that was SO right, that God would give me such a marvelous blessing such as Baylee. It seems like every second she grows and adds another word to her, now very large, vocabulary. She is learning to use her "words" more, so her tantrums are fewer. I've found that when she is in the midst of one, a simple request for her to use her words in stead of having a cow completely changes her demeanor. I mean... completely! I love how her curiosity never stops. She is always taking things apart to see how she can put them back together. I love watching her play "hair dresser" with her GiGi and her DAD! Yes, it seems that she loves to fix dad's hair the most! What totally overwhelms is the fact that Daddy LOVES to let her do it! I love that she can be so girlie at times, but then 10 minutes later is his out in the yard digging in the dirt... painted toe nails and all! I never dreamed that having a daughter would bring me this much joy. I knew it would be a joyful journey, but never dreamed it could literally be Heaven on Earth. It seems that a baby really can change everything. My baby, and that of God the Father.

God is Great, God is Good,
I'm so thankful for my Child,

Ashley

2 comments:

Amanda said...

This is so sweet Ash! Brings tears to my eyes because I, too, never realized how lucky I was before M came into our lives. :)

Alicia said...

I can't wait to experience all that life has to bring! This is so sweet!