Thursday, March 18, 2010

Pregnancy Related or Normal???

These are a few things I've done here lately that have made me wonder about myself and have gained weird looks from my husband... I just want someone else's opinion as to weather this is normal or if it might be pregnancy related.... You be the judge.

-TWICE in the last two weeks I have filled out deposit slips for the insurance agency, except I put our personal account number on the deposit slip. I didn't realize this until I looked online several days later..... yea, my accountant is going to rip me a new one next year!

-The other night we were going to make Hamburger patties with gravy and mashed potatoes. I got all the ingredients out and started cooking. Later Byron came in to help and I walked to the pantry and asked if we use cream of mushroom for SOS or gravy. He looked at me strange and said: I thought we were having HB patties with gravy.... why did you brown the meat taco style? At that moment I realized I had forgotten what I was COOKING!

-I put some butter on some toast and wanted to melt it so I just popped the plate in the microwave.... no big deal, right? WRONG.... the plate was metal.......

Am I loosing it?


P.S. I haven't forgotten my kid at daycare..... yet.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Definitely pregnancy brain. It happened to me. And I never got over it, either...

The Gray Family said...

Kim Smith sent this comment to me via email:

Pregnancy! But be ready, it stays with you a while after pregnancy also. I'm not sure mine has gone away!! I always figured the baby was growing and sucking my brain out of me. Think positive, the more you forget the smarter your baby girl will be :)

Brandi Burden said...

This is SOOO funny!! =) I was the same way!! I was bad about leaving the cabinet and microwave doors open (among many other things). I think it took about a year after Payton was born before I started remembering to close them.

Courtney said...

My pregnancy brain was MUCH worse the second time, and I'm just now starting to get over it as my body gets back to normal since I weaned HS from nursing! Don't get too worried, we all do stupid things while we're pregnant! My big issue was forgetting words, which makes for difficult conversations....and also forgetting mid-sentence what I was talking about... uh..... and I consider myself to be good with words, so this was a bit embarrassing!