Wednesday, March 31, 2010

So NOT my Baby.....

That's right.... she is so NOT my baby anymore....

I went to College Station this weekend for my annual or should I say semi-annual Round Top Trades Day trip with the girls.... When I got home yesterday Byron and Baylee weren't there. So I unloaded the car and started putting stuff up thinking they would show up any minute.... but they didn't.... So, I called Byron on his cell phone.

When he answered I asked how they were and what they were doing. He said they were just fine and they were out at the King place checking yearlings and shooting the .22 into the tank.... My first thought was: "he said WE are shooting the .22" that means my baby is shooting a gun!

The next thing I heard was Baylee in the background saying "WATCH THIS MOMMA!" Byron put the phone on speaker and set it down then proceeded to coach my 2.85 year old on how to hold the gun and then BOOM! She shot into the tank. After that she got on the phone and said: DID YOU SEE THAT MOMMA? I shot my .22!!!!!"

Of course this was a Daddy moment so there are no pictures....

I didn't know weather to cry tears of joy or tears of terror! I keep telling myself that bonding time with Dad is a good thing, but I wasn't prepared for her to turn into a tom-boy just yet! It did make me feel better when she got home though... she had on her boots, jeans and a PINK & PURPLE shirt!

Not sure I'm ready for all this "growing up" business,

1 comment:

Whitney Bownds said...

i would've died... i think you handled that very well..